Increasing the Sustainability in Body Contouring and Anti-aging
Many scientists are now actively researching nutrients that promote antiaging benefits. Research in this area focuses on the selection of ingredients and the understanding and control of nutrient bioavailability in plasma, skin or hair, and the demonstration of the bioefficacy of these nutrients taken orally.
THE BEST KNOWN Nutricosmetical agents:
- Vitamin A (carotenoids) to maintain and repair skin tissue.
- Vitamin C to reduce the damage caused by free radicals and UV exposure. Over time, free radicals can damage collagen and elastin, the fibers that support skin structure.
- Vitamin E to lessen the skin effects of free radicals and UV exposure.
- Probiotics to improve recovery of the skin and cellular defenses after UV exposure.
• PUFAs (polyunsaturated fatty acids) to reduce dry, scaly skin. PUFAs play an important role in cell structure, barrier function, lipid synthesis, inflammation and immunity.
Arrestage Laboratories has begun a new R&D program that has coupled their cosmeceutical research team with expertise in nutrition research beyond foods and beverages, to nutritional supplements for skin and hair health and beauty. The premise is that the skin is not only nourished on the outside with moisturizing creams and topical solutions, but also with nutrients to nourish from the inside.
Dr. Roy Shapiro, an internationally known speaker in the Aesthetics arena, has conducted many studies on combination therapies. Shapiro is best known for his work in body sculpting and antiaging and has recently embraced the work of many in the nutricosmetics field. "It all started with my exploration of Bio-identical hormone replacement therapies and now I see the ideal combination treatment is employing those therapies with nutricosmetics as the home maintenance portion of my protocols", according to an excerpt from one of his latest lectures on successful approaches to Sustainability in Body Contouring.
The term nutricosmetics refers to nutritional supplements which can support the function and the structure of the skin. Many micronutrients have this effect. e.g. some omega-3 fatty acids, carotenes and flavonoids protect the skin from the damaging effects of Ultraviolet (UV) light exposure, which may lead to accelerated skin ageing and wrinkle formation.
Dr. Shapiro uses lasers and photodynamic therapy along with Ultrasound and RF technologies to achieve the initial outcomes of his patients, who are looking to reduce cellulite, tighten tissues as well as reduce inches from their figures. The total transformation comes over time with nutricosmetics, cosmeceuticals, and subtle lifestyle changes that is how his group boasts about the "Sustainability Factor" of their endpoints!
Copyright © 2010 Daniel Harrison "Increasing the Sustainability in Body Contouring and Anti-aging"
* If you are a physician or a skin care expert, call 480.710.2229 to find out more about ARRESTAGE Laboratories Corp. programs. Naturopaths and estheticians skin care products training available.